Monday, November 16, 2009

Character Building Moments

Well we're confronted with what I like to call "character building" moments in life, and I guess how we deal with those moments sets the scene as to whether we grow as a person or whether we remain as we are.(some of us bitter and twisted) Saturday night was one of those moments for me :-).....oh and Epic.
We had the West Coast Rotti Agility Trial, Mel Rhoden was the Masters Agility judge and had set a very nice course.
I set Epic up on the start line and began to walk away....still watching her....as she proceeded to follow me. I stopped and decided to return to her and replace her back to the original 5meters from the first jump. She stayed this time (good girl) and we took off and did a cracking run.....clear....or so I thought.......NOT!!
Apparently I'd gone past the first jump (didn't notice as I was watching Epic) when I'd decided to replace her at the start and in doing so disqualified myself :-(
Oh to have a pass!!! BUT deep down I know I did the right thing not letting her get away with not staying.
We're soooooooooo close to a pass.....can't get much closer now!!!
So we're off to Albany this coming weekend and maybe we'll have some better luck :-)
I'm so proud that she kept all her bars up, did a lovely running A-frame and overall did a really good run. These are the things I tell myself when I watch the run over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment