Monday, November 7, 2011

Tricks and Trials

To get my butt into gear with Edge I've joined another of Silvia Trkmans ecourses :-D
Puppy Tricks! Her classes are so interactive and rewarding, and sending in video's gives me the shove in the right direction to get started, instead of oohing and ahhing over how cute he is!


 Oooooh but he's JUST so handsome!!

Epic is happy in the fact that SHE is the prettiest :-)

Liryk unfortunately is getting some pretty tired eyes trying to keep up with one MENTAL puppy :-)

And Sweet Ole Jeddy is FINALLY getting some sleep around here!
                                                                                                                                                                                                              
The last couple of weeks Liryk has had her first introduction to ANKC trials. After only just being in an ADAA trial the weekend before it was REALLY noticable at how very different the two organisations are. While walking the Novice Jumping course, I felt like every second bar should have been taken out, it felt so close together :-P Liryk was a superstar however and gained a pass with a second place :-) She was 0.2sec off Frank's dog, Jag's, time. So EXTREMELY happy!!
The agility had a slight conundrum, with a tunnel discrimination at the end of the dogwalk. It wasn't an "obvious" discrimination but I guess when you have a running d/w it kind of open's up new things, that maybe weren't an issue before :-) Anyhoo it was an issue for me because I haven't trained that yet! LOL Just like at this weekend's trial there was a tight 90 degree turn off the d/w.......hmmmm haven't nailed THAT kind of turn in training either yet! LOL I'm discovering my list of "training challenges" is coming around alot sooner than I was expecting! I don't mind, I just thought I wouldn't be "seeing" those sort's of things in Novice to be honest. And with one of the crucial ingredients to a running d/w being confidence, I really felt bad about her not having that skill, because how I attempted to handle it created a miss on the d/w, as well as her missing the bar, all confidence knocking things for a baby dog :-(
There WAS an upside of this weekends trial. Liryk gained her second pass in Novice Jumping and won! YAY! :-D

Thanks so much to Graeme and Jenn for videoing!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment