Wednesday, June 11, 2014

2 Weeks To Goooooo :-D

In 14 days time Liryk, Edge and I will be in QLD for the Nationals!!! To say I'm excited is the UNDERSTATEMENT of the century!! 2 years earlier and I was cancelling flights and completely devastated that Liryk had to be pulled out of the last Nationals....

Sooooo it'll be both Liryk and Edge's FIRST time competing at this level! :-D I'm nervous.... excited.... and above all completely and utterly chuffed I get to play with my kids against other super cool dogs!!

Interestingly with this rather large event rapidly approaching.... hurdles appear to be setting some challenges for us ;-)

Over the last 4mths Liryk has gone through flying off her seesaw... which meant some retraining...missing her d/w contact... because of all the turns we've been seeing of late...again some retraining required ;-) and most recently she's decided that launching herself off the aframe would be good to try :-P Nothing like cutting it fine!!

Edge... well my focus coming into the Nationals with him has been timing, handling and bars. I'd even packed away my dogwalk....actually he's probably not been on my d/w since the end of last year... BIG mistake! Again with so many turns (even in Excellent) his d/w has deteriorated. Once a very solid straight exit performance has now turned into him launching and missing the contact zone completely. Just last weekend he missed 2 for 2 dogwalk contacts with straight exits .... YIKES! So 2 weeks out from Nationals and I'm wondering if there is enough time to fix it??? Oh well.... only one way to find out right :-P

Either way I'm sure our Nationals adventure is going to be memorable... I'm hoping the good kind of memorable :-P Rather than the naughty blown contacts kind of memorable ;-)

Good Luck to everyone travelling!! See you soon :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment