Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things That Change Our Lives

It's no secret that Ann Braue has made quite an impact on my life.
I'm a BIG believer in "everything happens for a reason" but even back in 2006 when I was first introduced to Ann, I really didn't know how this one person would make such an impact on my life and how extremely fortunate I'd be with the opportunities that she's given me since.
As I've previously posted, last year I went to Ann's Summer Camp in America. At the time I was really overwhelmed at her generosity of allowing me to run one of her amazing dogs "Scream" at camp. I was sooooooooooo frightened I'd "break" him LOL. But Ann had faith in me and my handling abilities and of course her BRILLIANT dog!!
For a World Class agility competitor, Ann is such an incrediably grounded person, who is so open to helping and incouraging people. And for that I'm so very grateful.
Today it was really brought home to me how lucky I am to have met someone like Ann. I was on Facebook and "Scream's" breeder Gayle York, posted his and the rest of her Bluefire agility BC's runs (who I might add won and placed in mutliple runs throughout the weekend!!) from the recent Nationals in America. And while I was watching Ann and Scream in particular I had to stop and go WOW!! I actually know this person and even BIGGER wow, I actually got to run the dog I was now watching take out 1st place in the Challenger round, 2nd place in the Hybrid, 3rd place in the JWW and 3rd in the Final!!
I'm just speechless that I've been so fortunate.
So thankyou Gayle for breeding border collies I'm truely in awe of :-)
And thankyou Ann for firstly being my friend, secondly being so generous with your dogs, and thirdly teaching me sooooooooooooooooooooo much about agility that I never knew :-)
I've posted a run from the Nationals which totally blew my mind to the abilities of Ann as a handler and Scream as a truely amazing dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment