Sunday, May 23, 2010

Things From The Past That Affect Our Future




For those that can remember, my first dog was a border collie x kelpie by the name of Ryka. He was truely a special dog that first started my addiction with agility. If I still had him today Friday the 21st May would have been his birthday.


This year he has been in my thoughts ALOT!! ...... and I may have just found the reason.


About three weeks ago Sam Weaver posted some photos on Facebook of her new litter.... border collie x kelpies.......ooooooh they looked and reminded me sooooo much of Ryka (one in particular)


And it's funny because I didn't think of them after that........ until Saturday last week when jokingly Sam put one photo on Facebook and said it was Tom Weir's new puppy :-)


And that one puppy happened to be the one that looked like Ryka!! I couldn't stop looking at him. I never would have got him ..... the resemblence was too much...... but while talking to Jules she pointed out the girl........ Oh my there IS something about her I like :-)


And from that point on I couldn't stop thinking about her. I wrote to Sam and put her into a fit of laughter because I asked if she would stack her for me to see her structure :-) And she didn't do too bad a job if I do say so myself. LOL


The thing is Sam didn't realise it was me that was interested...... so I think she nearly fell off her chair when I said it was ME that wanted to see the puppy :-)


Yesterday Tom, Jules and I took the treck to Sam and Richards farm to check out the girl puppy.....and of course the others!!! The weird thing was, when Sam let them out of the pen and they came flying around to the front garden that little girl puppy ran past everyone else and straight to me and jumped up on my leg. She was so excited :-) It felt like she was saying "OMG you're finally here!!! I've been waiting ALL morning for you"


So how can you say no to that???


So I have a new addition to my family and her name is Liryk.


For those that are interested in the spelling of her name. I wanted a piece of Ryka in there :-) It only seemed fitting.......

A special thankyou to Sam Weaver, Jules Pearson and Helen King.


No comments:

Post a Comment