Monday, May 3, 2010

Perth Agility Nationals 2010


Coming into the week of the Nationals I had started to wonder whether 3 hopefully 4 days would be a bit too much agility in one hit.

Well I couldn't have got it more wrong ...... If anything it went by in a flash, leaving me wanting to do more!! I think I've got a little agility addiction!! LOL

The whole atmosphere of this Nationals, was just so much more relaxed. The sportsmanship and camaraderie amongst competitors really made it an event to remember.

The courses were great, but challenging and Epic really did so much better than I could have hoped.

On Friday she came 4th in Masters Agility ..... but had unfortunately been missed out when the cards were being written up, so I didn't know until after when I went up to enquire. What a shock!!!

Saturday was the greatest day for results. She came 3rd in Masters Agility, and Epic and Diva won Masters Stragetic Pairs!!! Jules and I were sooooooo excited!!!!

I had an interesting hiccup in the Masters Jumping run on the same day. I set Epic up on the start line and took up my position, only to turn around and find her eating the grass!! WHAT THE !!!! Then she proceeded to forget what she was doing there and strolled around the first bar. ARGH!!! When I took her back and reset her, all I could think of was...... she better not run clear now (after DQing herself :-) Little shit!) She did a fantastic run and knocked one bar LOL!!! When I think about it I really hope it wasn't a stress response. I want Epic to enjoy it as much as me, so it will be interesting to see if the situation rises again.

Finals were nailbiting to watch and just to have Epic in Masters Agility was great!! The course was just a little too tricky for us :-) But she left with a BIG grin on her face and what more can you ask? I'm so grateful she was even there, considering 3 months ago I wondered whether she would even be able to compete. What a wee supa star!!!!

Hanging out to get a photo of Epic and Diva with their 1st place trophy :-) And will post it as soon as I get it!!!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MchOLnhn7mU

    Here's the link to the video of Strat Pairs final. Not sure why it wouldn't upload to your page :(

    ReplyDelete