Sunday, September 12, 2010

Puppy Possessed and a Daisy :-)

Five more days to go ......
To what, you might ask yourself??
Till Liryk's stitches come OUT!!!!

I had her sterilised last week. And to think the sweet little soul was curled up in front of the fire as soon as she got home after surgery.


Enter day 1 ......


ball, ball, can we play ball????

ummm NO!!!

oh...

10 seconds passes...

what about now???? i'm good to go... REALLY!!!

I don't think you understand, you've JUST had abdominal surgery. No running, jumping or B.A.L.L!!

WHAT!! are you INSANE?? you're gonna regret this, mark my words.....


And quite frankly I AM!!!

It's like the greatest puppy in the WHOLE world has been possessed by the devil!!!

Poor Liryk is used to hour runs every day, playing soccer in the backyard and mucking around with clicker training. And now all this pent up energy is driving us both CRAZY!!

SO..... to prevent me and Liryk going ABSOLUTELY nuts .... I've been trying to wear her out mentally :-)

I decided I'd try to see how small an object I could get her to put all four feet on :-)
I started with a brick which she picked up fairly quickly....


www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DiwBLi1wY

And then tried a bowl. It's quite a bit smaller, but I love how she's working it out :-) She makes me SMILE!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pg1izGhh9M

The other thing that made me smile this weekend ..... actually to be perfectly honest I was in fits of laughter :-) Was Tom Weir.

Now I've know Tom for probably about 15yrs so I know he's not going to mind ...... In fact it even made HIM smile.

We were at a trial yesterday and I was talking to him, and happened to look down. Now Tom is well known for his quirky footwear on a course as you'll see from the photo. But it wasn't his shoes .... more what his "toes" had picked up while walking :-)

I couldn't believe it!!

And whats more it may just have been a luck charm ....... because Tom and his dog Brynn WON Masters Jumping!!! Whaaaaaa Hooooooooo!!!!!!! :-)

So thankyou Graeme for taking the photo!!! And thankyou Tom for making me laugh!!! And CONGRATULATIONS for a truely amazing run!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Omg I love the photo of Toms foot...sooo very funny. Must be his lucky charm : ) I think he needs a top to match lol

    ReplyDelete