Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WAO - Team Tryouts

Before I left for America, I entered Epic in the three day team selection for the World Agility Open. Which is to be held in May ALL the way over in England.

There were 15 dogs over the 5 heights, trying out for 4 places on the team (the 200/300 height was combined) The 500 height had the most dogs with 8 entered. So I really went into the weekend with no expectations and even with the view of scratching her if she looked like she was struggling to do so many runs. Particularly after having a month off.

Well it's seems the time off did her the world of good. Even now I can't believe how well she really did. On Saturday night we were told the placings so far, I couldn't believe my ears ...... Epic was 1st in the 500 class.
WOW!!! my consistent one bar dog, had just managed to get three out of four clear rounds that night.

So going into Sunday I wanted to keep things in perspective. It wasn't just another 4 rounds to go ... it was approximately 80 obsticles .... ALOT!!! Anything could happen.

The first round she went clear ..... 60 obsticles to go.....
The second round she went clear ...... 40 obsticles to go .....
The third round she knocked a bar ..... (but the dog hot on our heels also got a refusal) ...... 20 obsticles to go .....

And here is how the fairytale ending goes ........

She took an off course jump and was disqualified :-)
LOL!!!

I know I shouldn't laugh, and I know I should be a little disappointed ..... but I'm not. REALLY!!! I'm soooooooo proud of Epic and her achievement of even getting that far!!

I had an amazing time. Even discovered how much Epic LOVES International courses. I'm pretty sure I haven't run that fast for awhile!!! (Other than in America) Some distances between obsticles were 10metres!! And still incrediably challenging.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! to those who have made it through. Technically it's still unofficial as to who's made the Team. But I think an announcement will be made on the 1st April :-)

GO TEAM AUSTRALIA!!!!!! :-) I just know you'll have the time of your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment