Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ta Da!!!!

Why is Liryk soooooooo excited, that she's giving someone in our house a standing ovation??? (not that you can see all of her, coz she wouldn't do it from a distance, so you'll just have to use your imagination for the bottom half of her LOL)

Now I've mentioned Dancer before in my blog. And unfortunately prior to me going away to America this year. She started knocking ALOT of bars and I began to wonder if she was sore. She's now 9yrs old and REALLY has NO self preservation when it comes to agility. So I decided to give her a rest, and I've also decided to retire her from agility at the end of the year. EVEN though she only needs one more pass for her Excellent title. She has been known to fly off the apex of the A-frame and even on Saturday at the GSDA - West Coast Challenge Trial, due to a poor approach to the dogwalk from a jump, slammed into the side of the up ramp :-( So from next year it'll just be Jumping for Dancer Dog :-)

Now after 3mths of no training, I went into this weekend's trial with no expectations. Actually to be perfectly honest, because Dancer is SOOOOOOOOOOO unreliable, I NEVER go into a trial with the expectation of even passing. To put it into perspective, she generally has a pass rate of 1 a year. So really, I'm happy if she listens on a course :-)

So you can imagine my elation when she listened in Masters Jumping AND came 2nd!!!!

See even Dancer looks suprised at how clever she is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment