Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time Flies ..... When Ann Braue Comes To Stay

This last week has been a bit of a whirlwind. For months the Ann Braue Seminar has been something to look forward to and in the blink of an eye it appears it's all over :-(

I'm completely grateful for the advice, direction, the pushing ..... and even the phrase "You can start back at the begining" even though you'd managed to get around the course with just 1 bar down...... and you'd already run it 4 times prior and you're now gasping for air!!! The burning in your legs and the momentary thought that there is NO WAY you could possibly run another metre ...... and then the catch cry from the sidelines comes through your head "RUN!!!!" and whodathunk it, there is actually a little bit left in you (before you collapse in a great heap) and we all managed to go clear!!! I can honestly say that I don't think I've seen quite so many smiles on peoples faces, after worrying about not being able to handle the courses and finding out we were all more than capable. But I think that's what's so special about Ann. She has this ability to make EVERYONE see how great a handler they can be and how truely AWESOME each of our dogs are.

I'm even stunned at what she has achieved with Liryk and myself this last week. Two weeks ago Liryk hadn't even seen a jump. Today she is able to do 3 of the Recall to Heal positions over one jump at 500 height! We've even raised the height of the plank, with great success :-)

The other moment that I can't stop smiling about ..... is that last night Epic actually got 2 passes in one night!!! I know this is probably not THAT exciting for most. But this is a HUGE achievement for Epic. I've had so many runs ...... more than I'd care to count, where we just have one bar down. And to gain two passes (one a 3rd place, the other a 4th) well Epi-doo all I can say is your a SUPERSTAR!!!!

Thanks for the runs Sue and Linda!!


No comments:

Post a Comment